F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 

haa. i came across this DVD at home called Full Metal Jacket.

not sure if any of you guys seen it before. it's basically a movie about the Vietnam War. which US was invovled. haa. then there were scenes of Marines under training, but in the oldern times. the Vietnam War was so long ago.

haa. the movie's quite nice and realistic about war. and i learnt many things in the army life. i've a prayer of what the Marines prayed with their rifles.

"This is my rifle,
There are many like it,
but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend.
It is my life.
I must master it,
as I must master my life.

Without me,
my rifle is useless.
Without my rifle,
I am useless.

I must fire my rifle true.
I must shoot straighter than my enemy,
who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me.
I will.

Before God I swear this creed.
My rifle and myself are defenders of my country.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviors of my life.

So be it..
..until there is no enemy, but peace.

Amen. "

what do you guys think about this prayer? the movie is adapted from a real story can recount from a real Marine.


haa. taking revenge is also protrayed in the movie. haa. as in when a recruit gets the whole platoon into trouble over repeated times, the others will gang up against that recruit. by wrapping a bar of soap in a cloth and when the lights are out, someone would cover that recruits mouth and body so that he would not be able to retaliate, and then everyone would whack that guy with the bar of soap. don't look down on what the bar of soap can do, it's really painful.

know that song starting with " I don't know that i've been told" ?

there are many versions which were sung in that movie.. here's one of them:

"I don't want no teenage queen,
I just want my M-14!

If i die in combat zone,
box me up and ship me home!

Pin my medals upon my chest,
Tell my mum I've done my best! "

and in the army will be a life experience, the first time you will ever hear the most number of vulgarities hurled out of the mouth in your entire life.

here's a song about war. click here. people like amirul have heard this song before. it's sure nice.

sometimes guys just let their emotions take over their everything, including their focus and their mind. but if they are able to accept the fact and move on, i don't see why they have to get depressed over some things.

haa. i like the word " sentimental "

posted by Rod @ 5:42 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat