F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 

Sometimes I really wonder. Am I just slow or others are doing much faster than me?

A Maths Paper was okay today. Just that I wasn't sure of my answers especially for surds. My brain wasn't working well though.

Why? Cause I have D&T Paper after the A Maths. Everyone went home at 9.06, I went home at 12. D&T Paper just suck big time. I spent don't know thousands of minutes on a 5 mark question, drawing and sketching and adding notes to it. Stuff like examples of Ferrous and Non-ferrous metals I couldn't remember and when I was asked to state a suitable material of plastic, I just threw out whatever word that came to my mind. Others got it correct while I think I'm the ONLY dumb idiot.

Watch this.

Name a non-ferrous metal which is an alloy.
Ans: Brass
My Ans: Stainless Steel ( stainless steel is a ferrous metal )

Name the composition of it
Ans: Copper + Zinc
My Ans: 98% steel, 2% iron. ( wrong composites )

Even if my ans for the first one is correct, I would have got the second one wrong. Cause this is the composition of Stainless Steel : iron + 0.2% carbon + 18% chromium + 8% nickel. See what is it like to study D&T? Man, you even have to remember all these details. Core Geography don't even ask you what is the larva made of and what are its composites.

Many Core Geography students complained of how sick it is and they want to drop it. Woah, please don't do so. You haven't seen what's D&T like yet. We don't just play with tools and machines, don't forget we have theory to study too.

My brain just got stuck until I couldn't even remember the tools name although I know how to draw it. I had to draw an odd-leg caliper, but the question stated that we had to sketch one tool which is able to locate the centre of a rod. So I drew the odd-leg caliper but didn't know what is it called. So from a 3 marks question. At most I get is 2. See how dumb I was now?

So after the test I went around checking on other people on how they fared. First one was Yong Quan and this was what he said:
" I still had 1 hour left after doing the paper. "

I could't finished and left the last 6 mark question partially done and that was what he told me. 1 hour left? the freaking paper was 2 hours, and he finished the paper within 1 hour.

Second person was Wei Rong. This guy is a perfect genius. For the test each of us had to take 5 pieces of writing paper, same as Core Geography and History Elective. This guy not only finished the paper, he had one extra paper to draw on.

Not only one drawing, but the whole page was filled with drawings. So I guess he passed his art last year and was able to sketch well for D&T. Freak, why does almost every stage in my life have to revolve around drawing? Does it kill not to draw for a day? I had enough in primary school and Tan Mui Mui had to fail me in Sec 2. Is the government so desperate to find artists in S'pore? I feel like going to the rally and telling Minister Of Education off, too bad that it was during the examinations period. Why don't he draw something for me to see first then come and tell me whether art should be done in Secondary Schools.

Ridiculous.

Back to the topic as I was saying, one funny part about it was that Lenny's phone rang during the exam. He should count himself lucky that it was outside the classroom or else he could be accused of cheating. But I guess that Mr Tchen was kind, went out of the classroom and helped him turn it off. The song was loud that everyone heard it, some song I heard on the radio but forgot the title.

Tmr's A maths Paper 2 and MT Paper 2. I hope I won't scrw it up this time. My D&T can be officially counted as " No Hope Already Lah " Paper. Man, I can't wait for just 2 more days. So near yet so far.

More sick things about D&T
1) I heard that we might have to go back to school on Thursday to hand in our folio for marking. [ Thursday is a marking day, a day for me to rest, play, have fun and enjoy. Do you think I will go back to school for that, seriously? Come'on man. ]

2)Heard that we have D&T IPW on Wednesday. The last shift of SPA ends at 3, and that's the last day of the exams. [ What makes you think I would stay back for that? PCK's quote during SAR's period : " Use your brain lah ! " ]

I just can't wait for the next issue of the 8 Days to be out!

posted by Rod @ 4:30 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat