F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Cope

Today marks the first day of me doing my first COPE service.

It's actually fun being there even there you would be with the elderly. Every single one of them had smiles on their faces. But except for one ocassion. Went with Nicholas, Rachel, Lim Pon, Bao Xian, Si Hui and Jing Mei.

Miss Kwong gave me a little briefing on what's gonna happen before PE lesson, so at least I know what to expect and what I had to do. It was then I got to know that the elderly there liked playing the " Spot-the-difference " game. I had a taste of it at the centre before leaving to the hall to help them in the game.

From body shape to things in the rubbish bin in the picture to shapes of the water wave, you have to screen your eyes and try to spot as many as possble. There was even a difference in the amount of noodles on the plate.

This picture depicting an elderly was very well drawn.

The elderly there were definitely friendly. Ha. But there was one problem with the Spot-the-difference game. Some of them complained about the difference in the picture was too small that their eyes were tired. Some of them have poor vision so they had the specs on. I even saw one eldery whose area around the eyes turned red.

We were suppose to teach them chinese, however, there was a teacher there so we just went around seeing if any of them needed help. Nvr look down on them. I tell ya, their handwriting are better than most of us! Neat and nice, unlike mine

There's Miss Lim the teacher, with her cane.

She punished Nicholas. Go ask him what she did.

Before I went out there was the hand thing at the entrance-exit and I actually found one that fits me very well!

COPE is fun!

posted by Rod @ 11:30 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat