F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Lift your staff

Reply to tags:
FAFA - Yeah, that's Andrew. You should know him well since he was in band also.
JingHan - Yo sister!. Haha.
Cherie - Great to hear that you're fine! =)

So here I am, back from a very long day at my spiritual home. I thought that that night which I left church at 8.30 was great cause that was the latest I ever stayed there. I broke through today and I clocked into my own record book :

11 and a half hours in church. What'smore, I was ushering for all 3 services! WHHHEEE! Got a little lecture from my mum, but who cares?! My life has never been this great before. If not because of her, I would have stayed in church at least till 11 and I would have broke through 12 hours. Ahhh, wasted.

Anyway, Pastor Joakim was ( is I mean, there's still 2 more sessions with him tmr ) great! Testimonies of how New Generation youths grew from just one person in each group who caught the fire and brought a revival in their own school. Talking about the examples, I have a great one for you.

The sinking of the Empress of Ireland. [ For more info :
Info ]

To cut the whole thing short, it's basically a ship collided with the Empress of Ireland, resulting in a death toll of more than 1,000 people. It sank within 14 minutes, which is almost quite impossible for all of the passengers to evacuate, considering that technology wasn't that advanced yet so there was no such thing as calling for immediate help when it happened. Some of them managed to survive and those were the lucky ones.


Survivors then lived to tell the story, weeks after they were rescued from the cold, icy water ( It took quite a long time for them to be saved cause like I said, there was no such thing as immediate help then ). After that, they lived to tell the story, what happened throughout the whole thing, and investigators found something in common, from the statement that the survivors gave about what happened.

This was it : A man in his late-30s told the investigator that he managed to survive, thanks to a teenage girl, who was then wearing a life-vest, struggling with the current to get closer to him so that she could pass him her life-vest. He was reluctant at first, throwing the life-vest back to the girl, in his mind thinking that he did not deserve to be saved as the teenage girl was around 18, estimated, and she deserved to live on. That teenage girl got furious and threw the life-vest back to the man and said, " I'll die better than you ".

It was similar for almost all cases, involving teenagers giving up their life-vest to other people and they themselves did not survive. It was then traced and found out that thise group of teenagers, were actually from the Salvation Army and there were 120 of them in that ship, heading to London. They were the ones who gave up their own lives for others.

Back then, Founder of the Salvation Army, William Booth, would then send out telegrams of the sort of like, theme of the year to the Salvation Army throughout the world. However, when the disaster of the collision happened, William Booth had already passed away and his last telegram was just one word..

Others.

I just love this word. Christianity is simple ; Love God, Love others.

Other examples like Martin Luther King, a great man of God who went all out to do what is righteous, fighting for civil-rights and against racial discrimination.

It's time I lift up my staff.

posted by Rod @ 11:45 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat