F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Joy

First day of youth camp!

Got to make lots of new friends today and my group's name's FIAT LUX.

Fiat Lux (Gk ) = Let there be light.

Not bad right? It was taken from Pastor's sermon. This is one of the most inspirational words that I've learned from Pastor.

Youth Camp Revival Service was great. It's only the first night, and I've been blown away by Pastor's Lia's sermon.

Friends come and go, don't you think so? We might be together in this school called Tanjong Katong Secondary School now. However, what are the chances of us staying together as friends, seeing each other everyday? How low is that, unless we moved on and go into the same JC or Poly, then there might be a higher chance.

How true is that. I wept under the presence of God. Whatever that has happened in my life, and whatever that I'm going through right now, I know that God is going to pull me through.

Although it might be depressing and discouraging at times when it happens, I know that my heart will still be after You, O God. Though the rest might leave You, but I will be faithful to You, my only true God.

My heart will be kept pure, and it only seeks for more and more of You.

Tears flowed and flowed out of my eyes uncontrollably, the whole place was filled with the presence of God and I was totally soaked in it, even during the sharing of views after the service.
I could feel God's presence so strongly that He had made the team bond supernaturally.

I will forever seek and soak myself in that atmosphere.

Just a little of sharing here. Maybe some of you would really wonder why Christians, although we might go through some setbacks in our lives, but we emerge strong and get over it faster than anyone else.

Sometimes you might wonder why we might get criticisms at times, but however we're still keeping our faith strong, we're still believing in God and we're still going to church. Rain or shine, we would go to church and even if the whole world's against us, we're still keeping our faith.

Sometimes you will also go through thoughts, thinking that why is this bunch of crazy Christians, they are always happy on the inside and the outside, not even the stress that they face in school or their results, prevent them from being on fire for God.

Here's an answer.

Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

The joy of the Lord is our strength.

The joy of the Lord is in us, we Christians.

This doesn't mean that our life is smooth and easy that we don't have any setbacks or anything. Everyone's lives are bound to be vulnerable. However, we bounce back and get up to our feet steadily, cause we have the joy of the Lord in us. That explains our strength mentally.

Who's the best person, in my view, as an example of having the joy of the Lord?

Ahhh, I know just the right person.


Alexandria Seah Ming Qi!


Her laughter's unique. ( You will know what I mean. )
It seems as though God gave her this gift : The gift of laughter.

It's good. The joy of the Lord is in her.

She makes anyone who's feeling down, brighten up straightaway with her smile. Actually, her smile's powerful enough to get you smiling too. I know, you just can't help it. Everyone can say Amen to that. Haha.

Being sweet as she always is, you can see the difference.

The difference between her and any other people.

Why is she always smiling?

Because the joy of the Lord is in her.

She loves GOD, she loves PEOPLE and she loves her LIFE.

posted by Rod @ 12:03 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat