F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Great Savior

I don't know what it is, but it's just that I'm in the thinking mode now, setting aside the fact that I'm feeling sleepy cause I have yet to have a full payback of the number of hours of sleep which I'm deprived of.

In the thinking mode; I have to admit something and that is, these past few weeks, there's this song stuck in my head. Everywhere I go, people will hum the tune when I'm around, not intentionally, but casually. It's not just one person who did that, but many and on different occasions. Some did it when I was studying, while some did it when we were slacking, just like what happened today when I was resting in the Gallery when Terence who lied down beside me did the same thing.

I came home, and I could have watched an action movie or a comedy, but I didn't. I watched "Amazing Grace" over and over again.

It's a movie about the abolition of the Slave Trade and also, the Grace of God.

There are so many sources on the internet which you can search and look up on it, to learn about what happened but actually the movie has summarised it all well.

A guy who is in the world, but not of the world. A guy who was called to do God's work in the world, hanging on to the conviction in his heart and never gave up till the very day he succeeded. All these events then led to a famous Christian hymn being born which speaks about the Grace of God and the goodness of His mercy.

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

Who would have thought that the lyrics of this famous Christian hymn was written by a Preacher, his personal own reflection on 1 Chronicles 17:16-17. It was first told to the people during his sermon on New Year's Day in 1773.

John Newton; the man who campaigned in the abolition of the slave trade, when he was once a captain of a slave ship.

Non-Christians mostly like this song because of it's meaning, and it gives peace. This song is more significant to me than any other thing, for this song expresses exactly what I feel when it comes to talking about the Lord.

Non-Christians mock at us when they see Christians worshiping God and they remained skeptical, for it's difficult for them to believe that Christ is very much alive and they think we're just worshiping an unknown god. When I sing my praises to the Highest, they think that I'm mentally crazy for I'm singing to no one.

You don't have to force yourself to believe in what Christians say; You would find God knocking on the door of your heart one day. When people get saved, most of them would express their joy for they have found God.

Instead, God found me. Who would have expected my destiny's to be a sound man? God would for He planned it. Who would expect a kid at the age of 8 to think beyond kids of that age, where the teacher would ask what are the things you like in your favourite song and most of them would say the lyrics, the singer's voice, while I said "the bass".

I didn't find God. God found me. His Presence only falls when a true believer worships Him, that's why non-Christians do not experience Christ, especially when their heart is hard and has no belief at all.


"Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly. I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior"- John Newton

Labels:

posted by Rod @ 4:11 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat