F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Level Up

Haha, I just came back from supper with the ex C5 people and we literally had a great time talking to each other. Haha, although some of us has been transferred to other CGs and we no longer talk to each other as much as the past, to the extend of like every day, you can just feel the culture, the things that we talk about, its all there.

Things that we talked about, jokes to serious stuff like VBS, I'm totally in awe of what happened tonight.

It's like, the culture is already there. The Presence of the Lord can be easily manifested when the culture is there, when the people speaks with faith, life and godly things. I can just feel the Presence of the Lord there, even though it's just supper and we're fellowshipping, it's neither a prayer meeting or a gathering. It's just something as simple as fellowshipping, eating supper and the Lord was there with us.

I used to yearn for things like that in the past, you know, when your parents control you too much, control your activities with your friends and when the moment comes, you go straight into it with a bang you just don't care about the consequences and so on.

All these have taught me one thing: I've grown. I've grown throughout my walk with God.

Being in Ops has put me in a position that I totally humble myself, and I will not boast about what I know. Basically, every single person in the Ops office has their own strength and weakness and their own area of specialty. I seek advice from Melvin when it comes to matters of Lights, and I seek help from people like Wei Chao about sound. The thing is this, when you humble yourself before Him, you will stand to gain a lot.

After all, it's Him who gave me this talent to be a person who works best with hands-on. It's Him who gave me the ability to pick up things fast just by the power of observation. Even though Wei Chao is like a year younger than me, yes, I humbled myself and learned from him, because I know that there are things which he knows and I doesn't, that's what make him a great sound crew as he is today.

Being in Ops has taught me to think more maturely than I used to, to be more straightforward. Working with people like Brother Sky, Brother Jon and Wei Hao, who have been with the church since it's very beginning, there's just so much to learn from them, so much things that I can partake from them from every single assignment they give me. The thought of the Christian maturity that they have just pushes you to up yourself by levels.

Haha, some of you might take it as I'm just killing my time by helping out in church, see what I can contribute to and just kill my time. Haha, all these that I've just said are just small little things which I have learned since the very day I went back on Ministry.


1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.


I just love the way how Ops people work. Wei Hao had this verse written on a post it and he pasted on the monitor of his desktop. And as I stumbled upon it, I was amazed.

I was really considering and thinking about what Ops meant to me and if I was really meant to serve in Ops. A high price to pay: Most of time will be spent in church, loss of time with friends, loss of personal time and so on.

1 Corinthians 15:58 was my answer.

My labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Amen.

Labels:

posted by Rod @ 3:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat