F


Site Network: Home | PhotoBlog |

 



Looking back

My mum's so eager to chase me out of my study room till she started packing my stuff for me, taking the initiative to throw all my books and worksheets into boxes which she brought home from office and now my room is messier than before, actually.

It is again one of those times where you would stumble upon old stuff, probably years back and you have forgotten about it already. Now it comes back and it's fresh in your memory, your mind once again.

I once wrote a poem for Create '05, the very same year I got saved, or rather 2 months after I got saved and during that time, I was writing my own poems, wasn't at Shakespeare's level then, but amateur poems which you normally don't send it for competitions cause you know you have no chance of winning.

So here it goes:

There's You In My Heart

My life was once in darkness,
I didn't know what love was.
My body was in complete weakness,
My mind and soul weren't working as one.

My life stayed the same until one day,
A voice spoke into my heart;
"Walk with me and I'll show you the light."
I asked myself "Is it some magic?"
No, because it was Him.

God, Your love has touched my heart,
You sent Jesus to die for us.
I'm washed clean of my sins by His blood,
And made righteous with His sacrifice.

He gave me hope to live on,
If not for Him I would have disappeared; gone.
When I'm down and fallen into darkness,
It was He who sent His angels to guide me along.

On the day I accepted Him into my life,
I pledged eternal loyalty.
Walking with Him forever in faith,
With the word "Jesus" on my heart engraved.


Although my poem I would say wasn't very well written, the words at the back don't rhyme and so on, so Lit students please do not criticise my work. Can't expect much from me then.

Nevertheless, I expressed out what I was feeling then.

Sometimes people would think that Christians that they've met, Oh, they live their lives in such utmost righteousness, they don't smoke, they don't commit adultery, they don't murder, and some of them to even stay pure and holy, do not drink. Christians they've met are able to think out their lives properly, living a life of organization but not of mess.

I have people telling me, Rod, you're really a great guy, despite of worldly influences you managed to stay strong in your faith and not compromising on your convictions. I'm not being boastful here but I would say, thank you for your compliment.

But really, is it me who made me who I am today? It is me who made myself able to think maturely, planning my life properly and being righteous at the same time, despite living in a fallen world? Is it really me who made me who I am today?

Well, no. Definitely not. All these is only made possible because I have a God whose ways and thoughts are not mine, but higher.

I typed this post earlier on around 5 plus and I found myself being unable to type what I want to express, and I turned to the Word of God, I turned towards more of revelations, more about Him. After so, I finally managed to express my thoughts easier.


In Search Of A Purpose.

Many people wonder how devoted Christians are able to lead our lives to the fullest, no matter how busy we are, how tied down we are, we will always attend church services on weekends, go to church on weekdays also to offer our help to our Ministries and at the same time lead our lives in school, in work and still progress in life.

The resolution of an identity crisis is common to all human beings. We all struggle time and to determine, “Who am I?”, “Why am I?”

There is who we think we are. There is who we want people to think we are, but then there is who we really are. God knows who we really are. People do crazy things because they’re trying to discover who they are. People smoke, people drink, people drive themselves to doing weird and crazy stuff cause on the inside, they have yet to really know who they are, they haven't found themselves yet.

It's out of your identity comes your sense of value, your sense of worth.

Low self-esteem exists when you don’t value who you are. And if you don’t, you tend to want to be someone else. And that someone you want to be may not be who you think they are. The younger generations, people whom we call Ah Lians and so on, they dress like their friends or pop stars because they want to be like them, they don't have self-esteem.

People will never value you the way God does. Because the value that people place on you tends to be emotionally-driven. Think back, do you remember those times when you quarrel with your best friend and the next thing you know, the whole friendship crumbles right in before your eyes. The term "best friend" doesn't apply in reality in this sense. Why? Because the value which people place on you tends to be emotionally-driven.

We make a terrible mistake when we try to draw our self-esteem, our self-worth from other people.

However, the only one whom can give you a consistent sense of value and worth is God.

The beginning of the resolution of an identity crisis is to discover your value to your Heavenly Father.

People tell me, " I don't believe what you said just now, about Jesus being the only way to Heaven". It's really okay you know, cause I didn't say it, God said it.

If you mess up your life, your value in God doesn’t change because God’s graciousness never falters. But if you mess up your life with people, your value changes, it can drop.

The bible says, “That all things were created through Him, and for Him.” Therefore if you want to know your value and your purpose in your life, you can only do so with your association with Him. Apart from Him, you cannot appreciate your purpose.

All these are practical yet spiritual advice. You want to know your purpose in life, who you are and why are you living on earth, go to God and He'll give you an answer which satisfy your question about your life. Again, I didn't say this, God said it; It's all in the bible.

Labels:

posted by Rod @ 9:10 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Chat